Folding, Portable Dollhouse


Our church group is having another auction/fundraiser in March, so that means it's time to BUILD! I've been toying with the idea of building some of these smaller dollhouses that come apart easily for storage or travel or whatever. Over the past couple of days I've built 2, and hopefully someone will like them and want to buy one!  They are small - 15" square, and they fold up to be 7 1/2" by 15", which is basically Polly Pocket size. I'll have 2 drawstring bags for each one - one for the house, and one for the furniture (which I found first at Tuesday Morning for really, really cheap.)
They were fun to make - the perfect balance between artistic and technical, and they weren't a complicated build. They are made of 1/8" plywood, and one 24"x30" sheet was all I needed for each house. I used scrapbook paper for the walls, and found some clip art for the kitchen and fireplace. Then I glued everything on with Mod Podge, and covered it again with another coat or two. I now have a strong testimony of Mod Podge - what great stuff!
I had some old scraps of flooring from earlier builds that I was able to use for the floors here. A couple of coats of polyurethane brings out so much color in the wood!
Bedroom

Bathroom, with mosaic tiles from Hobby Lobby. I accidentally glues the armoire here instead of the bedroom, but I'm hoping whoever buys it isn't offended by my screw-up!

Kitchen. Since I found the furniture before I built the house, I had to use scrapbook paper that would match it.


Comments

Popular Posts