Two Story Round, Revolving Dollhouse

This is the second round dollhouse I've built, but this one came from a kit I found on eBay that was originally three stories. I changed it up a bit, starting with cutting 5" diameter holes down the center to put a staircase in. I also cut a few more doors and windows on the bottom floor, and eliminated the 3rd story.  This house took a long time - mainly due to the stairs/atrium. It took a month or so to design it the way I imagined it in my head,  but eventually it all came together. I found a store on Etsy that sold 5" round pieces of wood and I purchased enough from there to get me to 12" high, which is the distance from the ground floor to the second. Then I cut them with my scroll saw into pie-shaped pieces, and stacked and glued them before adding the stone wallpaper. I found the 5" dome to cap off the stairway atrium on Amazon.

Dining room, Front Entry, Kids' Bedroom #1, and Bathroom

Living Room and Master Bedroom

Kitchen and Kids' Bedroom #2
                               


















Front Entry

Living Room - with small painting commissioned by the very talented Ian Blackhall Scott (https://ianblackhallscott.wixsite.com/blackhallgallery)












This is the best toilet I've ever seen! It's actually ceramic - a great Etsy find!




I wanted this to look like a huge, cylindrical window that would bring lots of light into the house. Finding a sturdy enough plastic cylinder that I could also cut was really tricky. I ended up finding a 5" plastic tube at Walmart that had kitchen utensils in it! You never know what you will find at Walmart!


Atrium view

Looking down the stairs


Comments

  1. I love the tiles in the bathroom. What are those made with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best dollhouse ever! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Nice job. Could you provide the link to the kit? Or any sort of identifying feature so that I could look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Karin
    i saw your doll house, do you know the name of the kid on E bay,
    we want to build this doll house for our school, for childern with learing difficulties.
    We want to simplify it.
    So we can use it for role play.
    We use barbie dolls is this house fit for barbie dols??
    greatings from holland
    Nicole Salden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Now I want to make one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O MELHOR DE TODOS ESTÁ AQUI
    TANTI AUGURI A TE

    ReplyDelete
  7. is there any way you can share the link where you bought the round house part on ebay? I have searched cannot find it... I would love to do something like this for my new grandbaby TY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nyc blog. Beautiful designs.

    Please review my blog too.

    https://blog-divinetouch.blogspot.com/2020/07/divine-touch-dont-become-garbage-truck.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is just adorable! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was searching for interior stairs. Thanks, admin, for sharing such wonderful content on this topic. Now I have got everything I need about it. Here’s another informative piece of content Interior Stairs , you may find here more information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts