1:6 Barbie Apartment House


This is my first Barbie-size, 1:6 house. I found it on Craigslist and ended up buying it from a young woman in her mid-twenties. Her father had built it for her when she was little, and she was so sad to see it go, but she said it had been sitting in the corner of her apartment for years and she needed the space. I wanted to give her a hug and promise her that I'd take good care of it, but I didn't want to be creepy or stalker-ish.  It made me feel good to know that this sweet house was so loved - and I'm glad to say that it went from one dollhouse-loving home to another. It was fun to work on, and so different from the normal 1:12 scale that I'm so used to! It is now the home of my original, vintage Sunshine Family that I played with when I was little.


These are the "Before" pictures. 



Kids' room upstairs. The furniture is from Ikea.














The wall looks really bowed here. I'll have to check that out!  Sometimes in bathrooms when I'm looking for a certain effect, I'll paint the back side of plexiglass and it gives it a soft, tile-like appearance. In this case, I used white spray paint.






At this point, the house wasn't quite finished, but it is my only photo that shows the entire back side of the house. I often put the dolls in it to get a feel for the space and scale.

Comments

Popular Posts