Another Plan Toys Bash


This is the first time I bashed a Plan Toys dollhouse. I purchased it on Ebay for a really cheap price - like $30 or so. It had been painted all kinds of pinks and purples, and I think it was missing the roof pieces, so I figured it would be fun to experiment on.  I sanded and sanded, and then painted the wood a neutral off-white and added brick paper to the outside, and some of the inside, to give it a warm loft-type feel. It was a lot of fun to do. The floor is made from a bamboo bathmat, and a few months before I bought a huge lot of those orange mosaic tiles that, thankfully, I was able to use quite a few of them in the bathroom. (I used the rest of them in the Belize house.) It has a living room and kitchen on the main floor, and a master bedroom, bathroom, and tiny 2nd bedroom upstairs. There's a small loft above the stairwell to top it off, with a ladder to access it.
I ended up donating this house to our church for an auction fundraiser, and a wonderful family took it home. That's always such a great feeling, knowing that something you put so much love into went to a good family!



















Comments

Popular Posts