Belize House


Our family has taken several trips to Belize, and it's a place we all enjoy and love. The homes there are unique and colorful, and they use wood in the most interesting and beautiful ways. I thought it would be fun to build a dollhouse that would remind us of our vacations there, and I made sure to buy as many trinkets there that I could find that would look good in the house. It's really not difficult to find miniature items - keychains are great, and so are coasters and magnets, napkin rings and small baskets. 
So this is our Belize house. I don't remember the name of the kit that I used, but when I do, I'll edit it in. I used Orange Peel spray to get the stucco texture, and this was my first attempt at a spiral staircase.  It was challenging, and there's nothing like zoomed-in photos to show all your mistakes and flaws. Oh well. I had fun with it, and I especially had fun with the swinging round bed upstairs in the bunk room, and the colorful tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms.
The only thing that's not really great about this kit is that it's really deep, which makes it difficult to reach everything inside. It's very sturdy, though.




This is the master bedroom, and there's a bathroom behind it.

Master Bathroom.

Upstairs playroom/bunkroom


Upstairs bathroom







That back wallpaper is a placemat from Target, cut down to size.

This hanging bed is a soap dish from Ikea, spray-painted and  hung with a cup hook.




Comments

Popular Posts