Plan Toys Bash

A couple of years ago I found an idea on the internet where someone had done a makeover on an old barbie house. They'd repainted the plastic into neutrals instead of the pinks and purples, and I loved how it was so much more realistic. That got some wheels turning in my head, and a few months later  I purchased a used Plan Toys dollhouse off of eBay for really cheap and decided to try my hand at morphing it into something a little more "grown-up" too, and this is what I came up with. I used a lot of cork and edge banding because I like the clean look and the different textures they bring. Keeping things neutral also makes it easy to switch the rooms around to change things up.
I ended up selling this home on eBay - which is something I have only done twice. I kind of wish I'd kept it, but it wouldn't be difficult to do another one of these if I wanted to!
Can you tell that I love skylights, atriums, and colorful bathrooms?





















Comments

Popular Posts